Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Personal Myths

I am…

I am a seed.
Blasted by fire
Wildfires burned my soul

The soft black ash
Home
Wet rains pour
Reaching past the
Burnt shell

Quenching the thirst
Filling me up
Stirring
Movement
Life

I reach for the sky.
I reach for the ground

I reach for the sky
I reach for the ground

I stretch
Worshiping the
Sun.

I am a Wildflower

Wildflower
Fallon field
Unnoticed
Unkept
Unwanted

A last Wildflower Blooming
Unfolding
Unclosed
Unknown
Unseen.

Hidden beauty
Hidden treasure
Hidden life
Loving the sun.

I am the wild Mustang

Running
Across the prairie sky

My heart beats hard as my hooves hit dry ground
Pounding fast, beating the dark sky
As I fly across the earth..
Running, running, running
Flying free.

I am free
I am wild
I am fierce

I am alone.

I shook off the harness
I shook off the bridle
I spit the bite out of my teeth
I’ve shaken my mane
The blinders have fallen
Un broken

The gate is jumped
Feel me
I am free
Running wild
Into the wind

The pounding sky
The thunder ground
Under me
Flying fast and free

I can not be caged
I can not be kept
I am free.